Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 1 & 2


Thursday was the last day to hang out with Alexia =(
We got up around 11 and went for a nice, hot bike ride to La Sagrada Familia
It's huge... and only going to get bigger. It's been under construdtion for 150 years and still has at least 50 to go, although it was expected to be finished by 2025. Alexia was pretty good at her Gaudi history. We walked around and spent some time in the AC of the gift shop, and decided to take our bikes on the metro home to avoid going uphill in the heat. We got in a little trouble with one of the guys working there and he tried to confiscate Paul's transportation pass... but Leila straightened it all out for us.

When I picked up Paul from his taxi ride he tried so hard to stay inside.. he loved taxis. But the temptation of the pool convinced him to come along. We met Toni at the pool club and Paul really enjoyed being tossed around by someone who actually has muscles. Eventually the pool tempted me too and I jumped in with a borrowed pair of swim shorts.

Thursday was actually Toni's birthday... so when Paul and I got home I quickly got him ready for bed and myself ready for dinner! We took some last night pictures before Toni came and picked me up.

Alexia went to England on Friday and won't be back until the 25th and I'll be gone by then. She has been a great friend and a lot like a little sister to me while I've been here. She has helped me with Paul and with finding my way around Barcelona and I'm going to miss her very much while she's gone and after I get back to the states. I'll miss our late night talks, bike rides, and many adventures.

For Toni's birthday I went to dinner with him and his friends... there was so much pasta and pizza I don't know how they ate so much... Afterwards we headed to a bar and had a few drinks until they closed at 3am... which I expected would end our night. O no. Not in Spain. We walked a few blocks down and went to a club called Razzmatazz which had techno DJs and lights and not too many people, but enough. We stayed until 5am... Needless to say I was exhausted, but happy to have been invited out. Took the metro home, got in bed at 630am when Ignacio was waking up. Spanish nights are so long...

I slept all Friday morning and afternoon with the exception of getting Paul off to school at 830 and saying bye to Alexia when she left. When I finally woke up I picked up Paul who reluctantly got out of the taxi and we spent the afternoon at the pool again with our good friend Toni. I like it when Toni joins us at the pool because then Paul has a MAN to play with, which he loves.. and Toni helps catch Paul when he tries to escape to other lanes,which I love. Friday was actually pretty normal and boring... had dinner at home alone since Leila and Ignacio were out at a party, enjoyed the soccer game, and went to bed fairly early.

No comments:

Post a Comment