Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 11 & 12

Sunday was a HOT day so Paul & I went to the pool club. He played in the pool, ate lunch... then wanted to go home. He is always very insistent on putting his clothes on and doesnt like being in his wet bathing suit... so I got him changed and took him down to the beach despite his protests. He laid out in the sand while I looked for some seaglass... then I joined him for some sun.
I knew I should have brought 2 towels because of course he takes up the whole towel and wants to snuggle and block my sun
But he was a good snuggle monkey and in a good mood so I didn't mind
Until he decided to pour a handful of sand on my face and all in my hair. When I stood up sand literally poured out of my ear... and I was scratching it out of my hair for 3o minutes.
We went back to the pool and he swam some more until he was tired and ready to go home. Waiting for the bus I got a lot more snuggles from someone who thinks he's still light enough to be held.
But I love when he's in moods like this... it's a lot better than the mood he was in on Monday.

O WAIT! THE BEST PART! ON SUNDAY NIGHT SPAIN WON THE WORLD CUP!!!!
OLAYYY OLAY OLAY OLAYYY!
I spent the night at Toni's friend's house about 30 minutes North in the mountains and away from the city. We drank, had some delicious pasta, played cards, and swam in the pool. Lots and lots of fun and a great way to celebrate Spain's victory!!!

So Monday Paul was in a poor mood... He was great on the bus ride there so I thought it was going to be a good afternoon. He took both my headphones and listened to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra the whole ride and loved it. But he was NOT happy at the pool and stayed in the water for maybe 20 minutes... within that time he managed to untie my bathing suit twice and almost drown me when he clung to me from behind. He just wanted to put his clothes on and go home. He cried a lot and was very frustrated and it was really sad. I couldn't get him to calm down... He was actually quite good on the bus... but as soon as we got off he cried and cried again for the whole walk home and only until he had a full belly from pasta and carrot soup did he stop. Then he was in a great mood, but very very tired and ready to sleep.

Everyday is different and some days are a lot better than others. It's normal for people to have good and bad days, it's just too bad that when Paul has bad days they turn out VERY bad and it's hard to get him to calm down and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment