Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8, 2010


Paul and I had a very interesting afternoon....

I picked him up from the bus and we went to the pool. He was very relaxed and very excited to swim.
He enjoyed the pool for about an hour and when I said it was time to go he didn't put up a fight. He was in a great mood and even wanted to wear my silly bandz.... which is something he NEVER wants to do. Usually he hates having bracelets on or anything that constricts him.
He was also very affectionate and was giving me lots of love and hugs and that was pretty shocking because he never really hugs me...
And on the bus... he INSISTED on holding the small green bag that contains both my cell phones, the keys to the house, and my wallet. Usually I just keep the small bag in the bigger bag and leave them on the floor by our feet, but today he wanted to help out so I let him.
We had a relaxing ride home until I noticed something odd... The man 2 seats in front of us wasn't sitting in his chair.. he was sitting on the edge of it... I looked... and he was trying to pick pocket the old man facing away from him. He saw that I saw him and he got a little nervous... and I got a LOT nervous. I didn't really know what to do but I felt VERY uncomfortable... part of me wanted to say something but who knew what would happen... Paul wouldn't be able to help me out if this guy attacked us or tried to take OUR stuff.... So I decided to get off the bus and wait for the next one. It was weird that Paul wanted to hold onto our stuff today...

We went to a small restaurant and he used the bathroom and I ordered some croquettas for him and a chicken sandwich for me (and for him since he doesn't understand that not all food belongs to him... with Paul you learn to share really quickly). We were supposed to go out to dinner tonight with Ignacio's family and I figured it would be late so it would be best to have something small so we didn't starve. In the end Paul and I didn't go out to dinner, but it was still good we stopped. He was really cute and really good and wanted a napkin tucked in to his shirt.... he actually had put it under his chin and was holding it in place before I tucked it in for him.

We got home and he was ready for bed before 9. He had spent the whole day outside at a park so he was exhausted... and still in the funniest mood. I love cute days like this =)

No comments:

Post a Comment