Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 13, 2010

What a hot day!!!! When I picked up Paul from school today we stopped off at home to get changed and take a cold shower... and Leila was home! So instead of heading out we got in the car and went to El Corte Inglés for Paul to pick me out a charm for my Pandora bracelet =)
After some debate... Paul made the final decision... an airplane. It's perfect... It represents to much... the Tibidabo plane... the fact that Paul is obsessed with flying on a plane and asks so much... I took a plane to get here... Paul THOUGHT we were on a plane on the way home from Sitges.... He loves planes. And with 3 options to pick from, he chose the plane. So it was meant to be. Thank you Paul (& Leila) =)

I didn't want to stay in so Paul and I took a walk... down to the metro station... and went to La Rambla. He was actually really good. We walked over the Cathedral and hopped on one of these:
It was a nice & inexpensive way to get us to Montcada, which I have a hard time finding. It was a nice romantic snuggle ride.
We explored Santa Maria Del Mar... which is one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Barcelona. We even did some praying... although I couldn't get him to kneel... We just held hands and I prayed while he surveyed the scene.
Then we made our way to the Carrer de Mosques!!! I've been wanting to see this for a while... it's supposedly the smallest street in Barcelona.
Paul was very good and fun to be around... and when it was time to head home we tried to take the metro from a different spot. Turns out we had to make 2 connections... First from Jaume I to Passeig de Grácia on the 3... then we had to get on the 4 to Plaça Catalunya... then to get home we had to get on the 6 to La Bonanova. Luckily... I've mastered the metro. Unluckily... it took a lot longer than expected and Paul was exhausted when we got home.

LUCKILY... Ignacio is a PRO at putting Paul to sleep... it only took him 5 minutes when (according to him) it takes Leila & I 2 hours (which isn't true). Ignacio knows how to talk to Paul... you need to have a calm soothing voice (which means being very loud and commanding attention and answers)... and Leila and I are just too mean to him and we yell at him too much (yea right). Leila and I are soooo jealous of the great job Ignacio did with Paul. If only he would do it every night.... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment