Friday, July 16, 2010

July 15 & 16

Thursday was great. I picked up Paul and we headed to the Parc Ciutadella... he was in a really good mood and he loved walking around the little pond with all the boats.
The park's not that big but it's nice to walk around and people watch and Paul was in such a good mood so it made it really enjoyable for both of us.
He wanted to carry around the bag... He's been doing it the last few times we've been out and I'm mad he hasn't done it the whole 2 months!!!!
The highlight was seeing Toni and Alejandro... they run from the pool club to the park and I knew they were going to be near us... and Paul was in heaven. He loves being around guys and he met Alex for the first time and he absolutely loved him. Alex is like a big kid so he was great with Paul...


It was so hard to get Paul to relax after that... he was so happy and eeing soo loud and he was red and sweaty... but I was just glad he was happy. He's had some bad days and it's wonderful to have a good one like this. When the boys jogged away he even tried to follow after them.
I took a quick nap and then headed out for the night with the boys.... lots of laughs.


On Friday I slept all morning and said my goodbyes to Leila and Ignacio around 2. They went to Switzerland for the weekend so I won't be seeing them again before I leave. It's pretty sad... when I got home from doing my errands at El Corte Inglés and L'Illa the house was empty..

Paul picked out the wonderful plane charm for me but I've been thinking about the charms ever since and I had to go get the ones I needed....
The shoe represents my grandmother who passed away a few months ago. She collected porcelain and glass shoes... so I had to get a charm for her, and it had to go BEFORE the plane. Then there's the plane... that represents Paul... and the lady showed us this red and yellow charm and said it was ugly but I've been thinking about it and I had to get it. The whole time I've been wearing red and yellow silly bandz for Spain and all my friends wear them too... They've been good luck during the World Cup. Plus the Spanish flag and Catalonian flag are red and yellow... so it fits in perfect.

I want to thank Leila and Ignacio for a wonderful time in Barcelona... I couldn't ask for anything better. They were nothing but good to me and Ignacio kept me entertained every evening with his comedy... which is in fact reality. He just speaks the truth! But I had an amazing time and I can't wait to come back... I got all my S's in Spain and I don't want them to end. Thanks Leila =)

So I picked up Paul from the bus and we went to the pool... he was in a great mood and very excited to swim. He let me sunbathe while he swam back and forth in the outside pool, which I love because there he doesn't drink the water. Then he came over and had someone else's towel around him and I quickly put it back and he laid down to take some sun with me.
We're pretty cute.
We came home a little early but he didn't mind... we walked around Mandri and got some bread from the lady who knows how much I love creme croissants, pizza, chocolate milk, ice cream, and fanta. Headed home... quick shower... and I made PIZZAAA for Paul... his favorite. He ate the whole damn thing and hardly gave me a bite. So greedy. But that food definitely got him sleepy... he laid in my bed and watched me begin to pack... and begin to cry... and he fell asleep around 9:15. It's 10:45 and he's still in my bed... he's slept through my crying.. my loud singing.. and attempt to pack. Packing is hard when you don't want to leave.

1 comment: