Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 7, 2010

Well... this day started off bad and continued to be bad. At 5:30 I was woken up by this tremendous banging on my door and yelling... It was like Storm Paul had arrived and was ready to cause chaos. Ignacio yelled at him to go to bed... but he was up again at 6... and I heard this peculiar sound of someone trying to unlock my door... The little bugger took the keys from Alexia's room and unlocked my door and quickly jumped into my bed. So smart.... I waited until I thought he was asleep and crept into Alexia's bed.... and then I heard him rummaging around my room. So I gave him some food and put him back to sleep in his OWN bed. But when I got up around 8 Leila said he had been up the whole time... not a great start to the morning.
When I picked him up from the bus he was in a horrible mood. I took him home and put him in a cold shower to cool him off and gave him some ice cream. I promised him McDonalds and we headed down to the metro to explore La Rambla and surrounding areas....


These guys are always at La Rambla and they're so funny...
... So I had to get a pic with one of them!!! Paul's face is great

I had my list of places I wanted to go to so we walked around looking touristy with my map and guidebook... But we found some and I can cross them off my list... we also found some other really nice places that I had never heard of or would think to go to.
Unfortunately, Paul wasn't very cooperative and nagged me for food the whooole time. McDonalds... Ice Cream... More water... McDonalds... MORE ice cream.... everything. It was a hot day, but we were in and out of air conditioning and in the shade for most of it... he just was in a foul mood. He had a few frustrated moments and I tried to ignore his consistency with begging for food... but all in all it was a pretty difficult day. But we did get to see a lot of nice places and venture off in directions we hadn't gone yet.
And of course he got McDonalds even though I told him he wouldn't because he was being so bad
Once he was home (and had had enough McDonalds to feed a soccer team) he got a cold shower and was in a great mood. I couldn't enjoy it though because I was off to watch Spain play Germany!!!!! AND WE WON! So exciting... We celebrated by going down to Port Olympic and cooled off in the Ice BARcelona..
It was -10C in there... which for F is 14 degrees... It was pretty cold... but they give you a huge jacket and gloves to wear so it's fun. The drinks were served in ice cups and there was an ice sculpture of La Sagrada Familia... and there were a LOT of Asians when we first walked in... then they all left and it was 4 of us... and the other 2 were from Cali so it was nice to talk in English.

We walked around the rest of the bar areas and each bar has people standing outside begging you to go in... It's hard for me to say no so we went into like 4 of 5 different bars... Lots of fun in Barcelona =D

No comments:

Post a Comment