Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10, 2010

Today was spent in Tarragona... a town a little over an hour South that was once inhabited by the Romans. First we went to the water park in the Port Aventura amusement park. Paul was in HEAVEN. He loved everything... we went on all the slides... more than once. Some we did together sharing a tube...


...others we went down separately. He always waited patiently until the lifeguard blew his whistle and I told him to GO GO GO! At which point he would stand up and try and get in my slide to go down with me... but I always got him to go down his own.

When I was getting him ready for one slide he was so excited that he head-butted me in the chin so hard that I thought I bit my tongue off. The first thing I did was feel around for the piece that was surely to be missing. My whole ride down the slide was in agony and I thought I was gonna come up with a mouthful of blood. I could hardly talk for 30 minutes and when I saw the damage... it's a cut the size of grain of sand.

We went on so many rides that I actually got a headache and sent Leila out from under her shaded chair (that she ran around frantically to find) to entertain Paul while I rested my poor dizzy head.

It was actually really fun. The lines were short and the wave pool was great. The lifeguards took their jobs a little too seriously... Give someone a whistle & they think they rule the pool. But Paul loved just being in the water, like always. It surprised Leila that he was ready to leave around 4... and when he wants something he keeps pestering about it until he gets it. So we packed up and headed to the town.
We were right on time to hop on the tourist train and get a nice 35 minute ride past the beach, the Roman amphitheater, and through the old Roman town that still has the original walls intact around the city. Paul enjoyed it and I loved the history. I love Romans. Paul loves ladies.
We also found a very cute statue that reminded us a lot of Paul... I actually got him to pee into the hole that I assume fills with water when the fountains are turned on... if they're ever on. Peepee boy meets Peepee statue. Perfect. (or as Iman would say... PUUUUUWWWWfeeectt)
A long, fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment